About The SBS
The Saudi Biological Society is one of the first scientific societies that were established in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; which was established in 1395 AH (1975 AD). The Society is honored by the Honorary Presidency of the His Royal Highness Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud (God rest his soul). The University supervises the society's efforts to achieve its mission, and supports it both financially and morally. The Society's membership is open to scientists and researchers in the fields of Biological sciences, especially Saudis. Society also awarded honorary membership for those with distinguished scientific production in the fields of Biological sciences, and for those who provide valuable services to the Society.
Contribute in upgrading the scientific research to the members of the Society and its visibility internationally, and serve the nation in the area of specialization. .
To encourage and publish all that is related to the field of biological sciences, and its development; and the strengthening of bonds between workers in the fields of science, at the local, Islamic and international level.
- Spreading scientific awareness in the field of biological sciences through the issuing of simplified scientific booklets and regular bulletins that the normal individual understands
- Providing scientific consultation- in the field of specialty of the different members of the society- to the parties requesting this inside the Kingdom
- Organizing scientific seminars and conferences in which specialists from all over the world can participate, in an effort to find appropriate solutions for the problems of the local environment, and ways to develop it.
- Spreading a culture of excellence and organized learning, exploration and creativity.
- : Encouraging research in the fields of biological science in general, and areas related to the local environment and wildlife specifically.
- Introducing the outside world to the scientific research that is being carried out by the scientific institutions of the Kingdom
- Strengthening the relationship between those working in the field of Biological sciences and those interested in it, within the Kingdom, through providing opportunities for them to become members, and by organizing trips and social events for them, inside the Kingdom and abroad.